Wednesday 21 September 2011

It’s a Tough one: System Boilers vs. Ariston Boilers


If you’re shopping around for a new boiler – something you hopefully won’t have to do more than once in your lifetime – it’s a good idea to get to grips with the different choices available to you out there.  If you’re anything like me, you won’t have the first clue of the pros and cons of boilers, and it wasn’t until I needed to replace my own that I did a bit of research on the subject.  It was then that I started to take a look at System Boilers vs. Ariston Boilers.


The boiler I needed to replace was a System boiler – AKA. ‘closed’ or ‘sealed system’ boiler – which basically stores hot water, meaning you need an airing cupboard for the tank.  Now, whilst this is a fantastic choice for those of you with lovely big houses, it’s not so good in a one bedroom flat (as it was in my case) so if you ever get the chance to replace your system boiler, it’s a good idea to have a look at the other options available to you.  Because of my lack of knowledge on the subject, I hit the search engines, and came up with what looked like a good little deal – an Ariston Boiler.  Ariston make gas boilers in the form of the aforementioned system boilers, but they also provide Combination Boilers, which are perfect for smaller homes and provide hot water for your taps and baths as and when they’re needed – hence the name and the fact that they don’t require a stored hot water facility.  Perfect for my little flat, which now has a slightly bigger bathroom!  

No comments:

Post a Comment