Saturday 17 September 2011

Saunier Boilers vs. Condensing Boilers


As I lived in my last flat, I noticed that my Gas and Electricity bills were a lot more reasonable than when I had been a student and paying ridiculous amounts.  One day there was a problem with the boiler and someone came out to fix it.  It was at this point the worker told me I was lucky to have a Condensing Boiler which was much more energy efficient and better for the environment.  I was quite happy that my boiler was helping me do my bit for global warming.  I looked into it and realized that my Condensed Boiler was reaching  90% levels of efficiency which in comparison to years gone by where boilers would struggle to get 50 %, is fantastic.

I recently bought my first property and was hoping that it would be a condensed boiler I’d be met with, but instead it was a Combination boiler made by Saunier.  The boiler is good in terms of keeping the heat for when I need to use it and keeping my monthly cost relatively low, but I had grown to the idea of using an energy efficient boiler.  I checked online and Saunier don’t do Condensing boilers.  In the end, I made the choice to replace my boiler for a Condensing one.  These boilers are dominating modern-day boiler manufacturing and I want to continue to be a part of it.  So, unfortunately until Saunier produce condensing boilers, I won’t be using their brand.  

No comments:

Post a Comment