Friday 23 September 2011

The Perks of the Combi Instantaneous Boiler


Although perhaps not the most exciting subject to have a chat about, your choice of boiler is going to affect your daily life more than you may realise.  From the Combi Instantaneous Boiler to a System Boiler, you need to make the right decision.  Take my own boiler for instance – when I first moved into my current flat and stepped into the shower for the first time, I thought I’d hit the jackpot: the water pressure was amazing, the temperatures where spot-on and I could – and did – stand under it for far longer than necessary.  The heating was perfect, too – heating my radiators extremely quickly with just one touch of a button.  Mine is a Combination boiler, which means that it generates hot water instantly for both your taps and central heating simultaneously whenever you need it, so no space-invading water tank to cut your kitchen or bathrooms size in half!  Not only does it push all the necessary buttons to make me as comfortable as possible, it is much more energy efficient – I learned, after a quick search engine session – than a system boiler (the water tank type) because system boilers generate a lot of heat loss and Combi’s don’t, thanks to their instantaneous hot water that doesn’t require a massive copper tank.  This appealed to the little hippy within me, making me feel secure in my carbon footstep karma! 



If I had to point out one disadvantage, it would be the flow rate reduction I experience if I – for example – try to run a bath while the washing machine is on.  This can be a slight annoyance, but in the grand scheme of things, it’s far overshadowed by the pros of the little Combi boiler number!

No comments:

Post a Comment