Monday 3 October 2011

Alpha Boilers vs. Biasi Boilers: A Close Call!

When I came to get a brand new boiler, there was no doubt in my mind that I wanted a Combi, but when I got round to having a look online for what I thought would be an easy task, a whole host of different boiler companies presented themselves to me, and I managed to weed them down to two: Alpha and Biasi.


The plant that makes Alpha boilers are the biggest boiler making plant in Europe, which counted for Alpha as I assumed that must make them the best.  They also come at a very reasonable price – not exactly the cheapest but not the dearest either - and most of them come with a generous warranty that can even be extended, and I was led to believe that they have excellent warranty services that will send out an engineer at least the next day!  Their reliability reputation preceded them, and it was all of this combined that made Alpha stand out in my head.

Saying that, Biasi boilers have a fantastic reputation spanning 75 years and they are one of Europes leading manufacturers of boilers!  They can boast everything Alpha held and were also hailed as one of the cheapest on the market.  This being said, I found and overwhelming opinion that Biasi were perhaps a little too cheap, and decided that, on this occasion and with something as important as boilers (which you really don’t want to be ripping out more than once) I would pick the more expensive option and hope that this would ensure me quality.

No comments:

Post a Comment