Wednesday 19 October 2011

The Perks of a Baxi Boiler


I have recently had one of the Baxi Boilers installed, and can’t believe I actually managed without one for so long!  You can imagine my joy when I came home from work to find my boiler had sprung a leak all over my kitchen floor and the engineer told me I needed a brand new one.  Although this was a total pain in the neck, part of me was a bit relieved, too.  The boiler I had was a Worchester Bosch I believe and it was always on the blink.  When I hit the search engines to get some insight into why they were always conking out, I found a DIY site where even the boiler engineers where going on about how much they hated REPAIRING them!  I asked the engineer what kind of boiler he recommended and one of them was the Baxi Boiler.

Baxi Boilers stem way back to 1866 and are one of the leading boiler manufacturers.  This, along with the fact that the parts are easy and cheap to get a hold of and install (according to Mike, the engineer!) along with them being very reasonably priced and coming complete with a 5 year warranty, I was convinced.  The only drawback for my own personal tastes is that the Baxi Combi boiler 105 – which is currently nestled snuggly in my kitchen cupboard – is band B rated, meaning it isn’t exactly the kindest to the environment.  But with the top energy efficiency band being an A, it isn’t far off!

1 comment:

  1. I have recently had one of the Baxi Boilers installed, and can’t believe I actually managed without one for so long! You can imagine my joy when I came home from work to find my boiler had sprung a leak all over my kitchen floor and the engineer told me I needed a brand new one. choosing new gas boiler

    ReplyDelete